Dienstag, 21. Mai 2013

Blogger´s Quilt Festival









Last year DH and his twin brother turned 50. For this special occasion I wanted to give them something really special.
As you can see on the picture, these twins are really different LOL One tall with brown hair - the other one burly with blond hair, one the thinker - the other one the worker.


I had a box full of 6" fabric squares that I collected for years. I sewed half square triangels with light/dark effect and splitted the pairs one in each quilt. 

So every quilt is made from the same stuff but looks different - like the twin brothers.

To see all of the entered quilt, look at Amy´s page






Kommentare:

  1. I love these!! It is really interesting to see the contrast between the two!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. How wonderful! I really like that you used the same fabrics in two different layout. Beautiful entry!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. What a great idea and story! You did a fabulous job with both quilts.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. What a brilliant idea! It's so clever and the quilts turned out beautifully :) I love them!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. So fantastic! I love that there's half of each square in both quilts... Very different but made from the same stuff. Perfect for such different twins!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Great quilts! Such a fantastic idea for a twinsy gift!

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. I LOVE these! I've got twin boys of my own (only about 49 years younger than your DH), and matching quilts like this would look so cool in their room...

    AntwortenLöschen

Vielen Dank für Deinen Kommentar :o)